-
A St. Louis judge dismissed a motion Friday that could have removed Sheriff Alfred Montgomery from office.
-
The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department referred the February incident to the FBI for investigation.
-
Sheriff Alfred Montgomery’s legal team filed a motion to dismiss the charge earlier this week, citing a 2016 court order and paternity test.
-
We read his 158-page response to the quo warranto so you don’t have to.
-
“I think that’s a drastic step,” presiding Judge Steven R. Ohmer said of the Missouri attorney general office’s preliminary removal efforts. “I don’t think we’re there at this point.”
-
The first six months of St. Louis Sheriff Alfred Montgomery’s term have found the department in controversy. He's now facing removal efforts by Missouri’s Republican attorney general.
-
St. Louis Mayor Cara Spencer said she’s frustrated with Sheriff Montgomery over recent controversies, including his failure to transport detainees for medical care. Her remarks came after Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey sued to remove Montgomery from office.
-
Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey has started removal proceedings against St. Louis Sheriff Alfred Montgomery. Bailey gave Montgomery a noon Wednesday deadline to resign or face a quo warranto.
-
Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey calls on St. Louis Sheriff Alfred Montgomery to resign after months of controversies and lawsuits.
-
The office's newest attorney comes in at a time the agency's leader is embroiled in numerous lawsuits, including ones sparked by alleged defamation and false imprisonment.