3 New Food And Drink Spots To Try This March
It’s a question savvy diners confront with regularity: What new place should I try this month? Once again, our friends from Sauce Magazine visited St. Louis on the Air to help us answer the question. And while some months offer an embarrassment of riches, so many options that it’s hard to know what to do, this month promises an entirely manageable list: one restaurant, one bar and one coffee shop.
On Wednesday’s show, Sauce managing editor Heather Hughes Huff and art director Meera Nagarajan delved into each spot’s charm.
Takashima Records (4095 Chouteau Ave., St. Louis) Sauce recommends:
- scotch- and vermouth-based, soy-laced Rob Gordon.
- a winter caprese and the potato salad.
- tuna mayo onigiri.
Storming Crab (1242 S. Kirkwood Road, Kirkwood) Sauce recommends:
- hush puppies.
- a platter of seafood bread topped with a cheesy crab mixture.
- the customizable crab house Cajun boil, which includes potatoes, sausage, shrimp, corn and snow crab.
Road Crew Coffee (3172 Morganford Road, St. Louis) Sauce recommends:
- a number of Blueprint brews or a rotating roast from guests like Temple Coffee Roasters and Parlor. Coffee for your cortado or latte.
- a pastry from Whisk or a doughnut from Donut Drive-In.
Listen to the full discussion:
“St. Louis on the Air” brings you the stories of St. Louis and the people who live, work and create in our region. The show is hosted by Sarah Fenske and produced by Alex Heuer, Emily Woodbury, Evie Hemphill, Lara Hamdan and Joshua Phelps. The engineer is Aaron Doerr, and production assistance is provided by Charlie McDonald.
Send questions and comments about this story to email@example.com.