Behind the Headlines: NGA announcement, public safety in St. Louis, Illinois budget
In our weekly "Behind the Headlines" segment, St. Louis on the Air host Don Marsh discussed the top news stories that caught St. Louisans’ attention this week, with the people who produced them and contributed to them.
This week, we discussed public outcry about public safety in St. Louis, the NGA announcement and the Illinois budget situation after Illinois’ spring legislative session closed on Tuesday.
Here’s who joined us:
- Rachel Lippmann, reporter, St. Louis Public Radio
- Maria Altman, reporter, St. Louis Public Radio
- Amanda Vinicky, Statehouse Bureau Chief, Illinois Public Radio
What we talked about:
- Protecting public safety takes people — and St. Louis law enforcement says it doesn't have enough
- Frustrations surface again with city's crime-fighting strategies
- NGA makes it official: New facility will be in St. Louis
- Session Ends, With No Illinois Budget
St. Louis on the Air brings you the stories of St. Louis and the people who live, work and create in our region. St. Louis on the Air host Don Marsh and producers Mary Edwards, Alex Heuer and Kelly Moffitt give you the information you need to make informed decisions and stay in touch with our diverse and vibrant St. Louis region.