Behind the Headlines: SJR 39 defeated, exploring experiences of local transgender people
In our weekly "Behind the Headlines" segment, St. Louis on the Air host Don Marsh discussed the top news stories that caught St. Louisans’ attention this week, with the people that produced them and contributed to them.
This week, we discussed the defeat of SJR 39, the “religious shield” proposal, in Missouri and explored the experiences of local transgender people.
Joining the program:
- Marshall Griffin, St. Louis Public Radio statehouse reporter
- Nancy Fowler, St. Louis Public Radio arts and culture reporter
Here are the stories we talked about:
- Meet Mazy: A transgender 10-year-old with a story made for the movies
- SJR 39, 'religious shield' proposal, defeated in Missouri House committee
- Senate-approved fuel tax increase gets hearing before Missouri House committee
St. Louis on the Air brings you the stories of St. Louis and the people who live, work and create in our region. St. Louis on the Air host Don Marsh and producers Mary Edwards, Alex Heuer and Kelly Moffitt give you the information you need to make informed decisions and stay in touch with our diverse and vibrant St. Louis region.