Behind the Headlines: Insight into St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay's announcement, what comes next
This week's "Behind the Headlines" segment took a quick turn on Friday morning when St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay announced he would not run for re-election. Luckily, St. Louis Public Radio reporters Rachel Lippmann and Jason Rosenbaum, were on the story and able to share some perspective into the announcement and what possibly could come next. Follow @rlippmann and @jrosenbaum for insights in the coming days.
Also joining the program was St. Louis Public Radio education reporter Dale Singer. Following the discussion of Mayor Slay's announcement, talk turned to this week's elections, what went wrong in St. Louis County, what emerged as winners and losers in those elections and the University of Missouri-St. Louis budget shortfall.
What we discussed:
- St. Louis County elections extended in 63 precincts after ballot shortages
- On the Trail: What went wrong during St. Louis County's municipal elections?
- Earnings tax breezes to reauthorization, along with other city propositions
- St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay announces he will not run for re-election
- UMSL proposes eliminating 85 positions to close budget gap
Listen to the full discussion here:
St. Louis on the Air brings you the stories of St. Louis and the people who live, work and create in our region. St. Louis on the Air host Don Marsh and producers Mary Edwards, Alex Heuer and Kelly Moffitt give you the information you need to make informed decisions and stay in touch with our diverse and vibrant St. Louis region.