Behind the Headlines: What is going on in Ferguson?
In our weekly "Behind the Headlines" segment, “St. Louis on the Air” contributor Steve Poetter discussed the top news stories that caught St. Louisans’ attention this week, with the people that produced them and influenced them. There was one story on everyone's mind this week that needed further explanation and analysis: the Ferguson consent decree.
Here’s what we talked about:
- Department of Justice sues Ferguson over civil rights violations
- Ferguson puts conditions on consent decree, gets angry reaction from residents
- Ferguson in the balance: Councilmembers set to vote on consent decree
- Five questions we had after the DOJ sued Ferguson
Here’s who joined us:
- Jason Rosenbaum, Reporter, St. Louis Public Radio
- Rachel Lippmann, Reporter, St. Louis Public Radio
- Shula Neuman, Editor, St. Louis Public Radio
Listen to the wide-ranging discussion here:
St. Louis on the Air brings you the stories of St. Louis and the people who live, work and create in our region. St. Louis on the Air host Don Marsh and producers Mary Edwards, Alex Heuer and Kelly Moffitt give you the information you need to make informed decisions and stay in touch with our diverse and vibrant St. Louis region.